Friday, June 25, 2010

Lovin' My Babies in Fishersville







Hello friends and family!

Sarah and I are slowly recovering here in Fishersville. Essen did a great job taking care of the family while we were away...but the house is a bit disorganized and Miss Lydia is wanting lots of cuddling and play time with Mom. We're spending time in the garage so she can ride her new Chinese scooter, we're watching Dora in Chinese(pretty funny!) and eating yummy Chinese snack foods together. I got some laundry done yesterday, but felt pretty dizzy and out of it for most of the day. I woke up at 4:30 am today and feel better, but my stomach seems a little bit shaky and I know by this afternoon I will want a nap! Sarah says she was up a lot last night.

Talking with friends and family, Sarah and I have been trying to process more of our trip. In the middle of great poverty and an atmosphere of great persecution, we saw incredible love and redemption. Chinese and American Christians seeking to be used to love the abandoned, discarded, orphans of China.

Every day at New Day we gathered and prayed for medical miracles for the children and for future families for these dear little ones. I personally felt very stretched in my role and saw daily answers to pray for the right ways to help and train staff. At just the right time, God seemed to give me insight and ideas. He protected us. We were healthy and safe throughout our whole time in China. He comforted us as we grieved with the New Day staff for Chase and for the unknown future for Judah and other critically ill/deeply scarred orphans at New Day. He filled us with His joy as we saw Matt get his forever family.

We are processing and praying how to best to communicate the things we saw and experienced. Please pray for this time of reflection and for our recovery.



We love you all and thank you for your support and encouragement along the way!



In His Amazing Love,

Sarah and Cathy

No comments:

Post a Comment