Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Last Day at New Day































Today, I started the day working more with Jenna. She was in a pretty bad mood and at one point even pushed the table and chairs at us. I believe she has been so affected with institutionalism and abuse that she is deeply scared. She doesn't talk because she can control that. Love will have to be strong and consistent in this little girl's life, but she is in a wonderful place where many are thinking of her best all the time.

Lucy then came to therapy and we set up the stations again to work on some speech goals and physical therapy goals. This interdisciplinary approach is new and they seem to be really eager to try it. Zoey started to write out some therapy goals today for next week. I have realized that there is very little training that they get here in speech/language therapy. But I think the modeling I have done and the training has been a start. I know they love the children so well and want to learn and do all that they can for them. I spent the rest of my time today meeting with the nurse about pediatric feeding disorders and cleft palate.

Sarah played again today with the babies. A highlight for her was when Sean told her he loved her. She also had the babies blowing kisses to her. After lunch, Sarah and I were in the English School. We discussed our lives, adoption, and homeschooling. We even played a fun game of Jenga.

Tomorrow morning around 10:30am we head to the airport. We will be traveling a total of 24 hours if you factor in the car rides to Beijing and then from Richmond home. It will be a very long day...but I am hoping that Sarah and I can chill out some and process this incredible time. I have had some good times every morning, but not nearly enough time to journal. I am hoping to do that some on the way home. Sarah and I both at times have had a roller coaster of emotions as we have been stretched to serve. We have encountered so many new things. Emailing has been such a hard way to communicate with you. When the internet is working, I am invariably tired and can't seem to find the write words to adequately tell what I am seeing and experiencing each day. I have sensed you all on this trip and know you're thinking about us. That has been very important to our time here. I love you all and after some recovery from the crazy jet lag...I can't wait to share with you all the details!

Love,
Cathy

No comments:

Post a Comment